Alfast Fixings & Fasteners Ltd are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Alfast Fixings & Fasteners Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 st August 2020.
This privacy notice aims to inform you about how we collect and process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. Our policy is not just an exercise in complying with the law, but a continuation of our respect for you and your personal information. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
Our policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you regarding the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at http://www.knowyourprivacyrights.org.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
Information we collect
We may collect the following types of information:
- your name,
- your job or title,
- your postal address,
- your email address,
- your telephone number,
- your profession,
- a password – please keep this safe,
- if you are placing an order, we will also ask for your payment card number, expiry date and CVV number.
When you purchase goods on our website or browse our website, we will collect:
- information about any devices you have used (IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers,
- details of your purchases through us.
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping,
- we may sometimes send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting by using the email address which you have provided,
- we may use the information to improve our products and services,
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by phone, email, or post,
- we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Why do we ask for this information?
When you place an order online, or through our sales centre, we need your contact and payment information to enable us to take payment and fulfil your order. We also request your contact information and need your payment information when you shop offline with us through our trade counter. You can browse our website without providing us with any of this information.
When you want to place an order via the website, we ask you to login or register so you can open a customer profile and upload and save images, save your browsing information and your preferences and retrieve them from any of your devices.
You may also provide us with personal information via our forums, product questions, the list is not exhaustive. We will ask for or collect your information when you use our trade counter or our customer support services, including telephone support and instant messaging.
You do not have to give us permission to use our website. We ask for your permission to send you marketing and promotional material using your address, telephone number, email address and SMS so that we can send you marketing material that we believe may be of interest to you.
If you choose not to receive marketing information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any orders you submit or products you purchase.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate electronic, managerial, and physical procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to complete a form on the website, lock for the box that you can click to indicate that you not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes,
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time and withdraw your permission by:
- a) Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- b) Writing to us at Customer Services, Alfast Fixings & Fasteners Ltd, Unit 1 Avant Business Centre, First Avenue, Denbigh West, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK1 1DL.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to the Company Secretary at the above address
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will immediately correct any information found to be incorrect on the records we hold.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other website of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.