Health & Safety Policy
- It is the policy of Alfast Fixings & Fasteners Limited (“the Company”) to seek to provide safe and healthy working conditions, to encourage safe working methods and to enlist the active support of all personnel employed in achieving these ends.
2. The Company will:
a. Safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of employees and those whose work is controlled by the Company.
b. Bring to the notice of all employees the safety policies of both the Company and the Client and arrangement made for their health and safety at work.
c. Provide the necessary information, training and supervision for safe working practices and the need to work safely.
d. Have regard for health and safety of those not employed by the Company, but who may be affected by the Company’s operations.3. The Directors are responsible for instigating, monitoring, and reporting on safety arrangements.
3. The Company expects every employee to take reasonable care of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions; to co-operate with management in achieving safe working conditions and in complying with all relevant statutory provisions relating to health and safety at work.
4. It is the responsibility of every employee to ensure the health and safety of themselves and others by:
a. Making themselves familiar with the context of the Health and Safety Manual.
b. Wearing and using safety clothing and equipment provided.
c. Confirming with both verbal and written instructions concerning health and safety.
d. Reporting all accidents, whether persons are injured or not.
e. Reporting all hazards, potential hazards or persons creating hazards.
f. Co-operating with Alfast Fixings & Fasteners Limited, in seeing that regulations are observed, and where possible, making suggestions for their improvement.
5. The Company accepts the responsibility, where appropriate, for ensuring that all fire precautionary measures are taken in premises occupied by them for the maintenance of free access to emergency escape routes.
6. The Company accepts responsibility for the control of contractors working on its behalf and for the safety of other persons who come into direct contact with Alfast Fixings & Fasteners Limited’s operations.
7. The Company also accepts responsibility for contractors and visitors whilst on Business premises.